An Island Adventure on the
Susquehanna River - Middle Section
Great River Adventure this year is June 3 -- Check the GRA page for details.
New Island Camping South of Harrisburg on Sassafras Island... See Island Info and Maps page
To report campsite problems contact:
Ranger Chad Woleslagle
PA DCNR - Bureau of Forestry
All are welcome to use the Susquehanna River Trail.. but please be aware:
Canoeing, kayaking, boating, camping, and other river-related outdoor activities are inherently risky:
- river environment -- moving water, cold water, deep water, tricky currents, rocks, poison ivy, ticks;
- weather extremes -- cold, heat, electrical storms, wind
- structures -- bridges, water intakes, and especially, dams pose
River trail users should be aware of these hazards and ensure adequate skills to safely experience the river.
Safety is your responsibility!
In case of a life threatening emergency call 911.
The 444 Club
The Susquehanna River 444 Club would like to recognize anyone who has paddled the entire 444 miles of the Susquehanna River Water Trail from Cooperstown, NY to Havre de Grace, MD. It is an elite club. (READ MORE)
How To Contact Us
- SRTA Email Account - email@example.com The email is checked daily, and where indicated, messages are forwarded to the most appropriate contact person for action or a response.
Trail Guide Supplementary Update Charts:
- SRTA Post Office Box - SRTA, PO Box 62023, Harrisburg PA 17106-2023 The postal mailbox is checked weekly, and where indicated, mail is forwarded to the most appropriate contact person for action or a response.
A reminder: An update to the printed trail guide can be found on the Trail Guides page. It contains additions and changes to the trail features that have occurred since the guide was printed. It will be updated as changes occur or are reported.
On June 18, 2012, the chart on River Shore Amenities, P3, was updated to reflect changes in the Selinsgrove shore area, including an additional outfitter, Creekside Ventures, and the addition of a shore-side campground, Ferryboat Campsites, just south of Liverpool.
On July 9, 2012, the chart on River Shore Amenities, P7, was updated to reflect a change of location for Susquehanna Outfitters, in the Harrisburg area.
River Watch Forum:
Isle of Que River Guides has added a new feature section to their web site where readers can actively participate in several forums concerning the river and its resources and health. Visit it now to share information.